Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Meet Mishel!

Yesterday evening I sent another email to Compassion asking to be put on the list for another correspondence sponsorship, since it seems like everyone I know has gotten new correspondence kids lately! I told them I figured my email probably got lost somewhere in the shuffle, but if they had a need, I'd be happy to take on another sponsor kid. I heard back within 30 minutes, and they said I'd be put on the list again.

Today I checked my account, and lo and behold, we have a new sponsor child! Yay! This is child #8 in our far-away family.

Our new girl's name is Mishel! She is 12 years old, and her birthday is January 11. She lives in Peru with her mom and dad. She is doing well in school and she likes to play games (running, ball games, and jacks!) I'm looking forward to getting to know her!




1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting!!!! I'm so glad that you were finally assigned a correspondent...that was a good idea to ask again!!! Have fun getting to know Mishell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!