Monday, May 18, 2015

Getting to Know You: Julian & Michel

Life has been really crazy lately, and it has been really hard for me to prepare these posts to completion in time for them to be posted. To help me catch up (still a day late) I am sharing the story of both Julian and Michel, who joined our Far-Away Family at the same time!

Names: Julian and Michel
Ages: Julian and Michel are both 7 right now, but Julian is older
Birthdays: Julian's birthday is July 10 and Michel's is May 13
Country: Colombia
Sponsored since: May 2014

How we got them: Around the time that we were waiting for Anahi to show up on our account, a Compassion staffer posted a need on facebook- 100 little ones in Colombia had recently been sponsored and needed correspondents. I requested a boy and a girl, and Julian and Anahi showed up on my account within 24 hours of each other- Julian was late in the day and Michel the next morning. I kind of think of them as twins in my head. :) And it's pretty neat because all of those kids were from the same two centers, so a bunch of sponsors were able to connect in a facebook group and share when we got our first letters, or any pertinent information on the centers!

About their families: Michel's profile says that her parents are together, but she has only mentioned her mom in letters. And Julian just lives with his mom. Although we've had them for a year now, we've only received three letters from each of them, because it took a loooooong time to get first letters. I'm looking forward to learning more about their families!

Hobbies and interests: Both kids are pretty great at drawing- they're little artists! And they are both friendly, cheerful and affectionate. And both of them are above average in school, which is so awesome! Michel loves playing and swimming, and going fishing with her mom, too.

Here are some excerpts from their letters!

"Jesus is my friend because: he never leaves me alone." - Julian

"For me, the meaning of friendship is: sharing and enjoying." - Julian

"I hope you always have beautiful moments. God bless you." - Julian


Our first and only picture of Julian


"Jesus is my friend because: he watches over her and her mom." - Michel

"Michel says that she loves you very much, and she feels very excited because of your letter. She says that your photos are precious, and she is going to show them to her family." - Michel

"She wants to express her gratitude to you for the stickers and the books that you sent her, and she says she's going to color them, with her mom's help." - Michel


Michel's first photo. I love that pout! 


"I would like to have a rabbit as a pet. I would name it Bebe." - Julian

"Julian gives you a hug and a kiss, he says that he loves you very much." - Julian

"I thank you for your precious letters! I love them greatly!" - Julian

"I want you to know that I am doing well at school because I passed my school year." - Michel

"I want to express my gratitude to you for your friendship, your letters, the book of animals and the Christmas greeting card you sent me as well." - Michel


We got an updated photo of Michel later in the year. She's grown so much! 


"I want you to please continue to pray for me and I will do the same for you. I want to dedicate the following Bible verse to you: Psalms 31:24. Will you send me a Bible verse? I say goodbye for now with a hug and a kiss. I love you very much." - Michel




1 comment:

  1. They're both so cute!!!! I bet you'll hear a lot more from them this year... Once the first letter arrives, Colombia is pretty consistent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!