Monday, November 5, 2012

Meet Victor

Saturday morning I had about 5 minutes left before I needed to leave my house and go to work. I was sitting at the kitchen table playing a game on my phone, and I remembered that I needed to check Compassion's website to see if our new correspondence kid had been posted (I've been checking every day.) I logged on to the site on my phone, because I assumed that there wouldn't be anything new on there. I just about flipped out when I saw that there were four names listed under my correspondence sponsorships, instead of three. I yelled "new kid!" and BOLTED upstairs. At this point I had about three minutes. I hopped on the computer, logged in to my account, and saw the newest member of our far-away family.

This is Victor. His middle name, Otieno, means "born at night" in Luo. He lives in Kenya. He is 15 years old. He looks to be about 7 feet tall! His little biography says that he likes to play soccer and he likes cars. He is responsible for animal care, carrying water and running errands. He lives with his father and stepmother. His mother and father were married, but his mom died. That's so terribly sad.

Compassion's website says that Victor has been participating in the program since December 2004, and his information was last updated a few weeks after that. The picture has to be relatively up-to-date, though. I can't imagine that this picture is of a super-tall 7 year old boy!

I am so excited to get to know this child, the oldest of our bunch and the oldest I've sponsored or written to so far. I spent some time at work on Saturday reading about Kenya on one of our research databases. I'm glad Victor is now a part of our family!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!