Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness- 'Merica

I kind of touched on some of these things around election time and Veterans Day, but I am thankful to live in the United States. I am thankful for my country. I am thankful for the freedoms I have, and the fact that people are not actually persecuted in my country (despite what some people may tell you around Christmas time...I think those people have no idea what persecution actually is.) I'm thankful for the beautiful landscapes which some people would like to ruin for some reason, and all the exciting wildlife that lives there that people like to kill for fun or think they deserve to die because we need to build more subdivisions and outlet malls, gosh darn it. I'm thankful for our national parks, and the fact that we are at least making a tiny effort to preserve some of our country's natural beauty. I don't think I would have had a fun time on Lewis and Clark's adventures (I don't travel well even under the best of conditions), but I really wish I could have seen what the country looked like before all the people started moving into the wild and turning it into something else. I'm sure it was stunning. What we have left is pretty beautiful.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!