Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness- Home


Have I told you lately how much I love my house? I don't live in a mansion. My house isn't brand new, and it doesn't have all the features I thought I would insist on having, like a basement and a fenced-in yard. But I love my house, and I'm thankful for it.

Brandon and I spent the first two years of our marriage in an apartment. It wasn't great, and at the end it was downright frustrating. But we've never been homeless. We've always had a pretty spacious place to live- two bedrooms and two bathrooms at least! We haven't ever seriously worried about where we were going to live.

Our home is well-constructed, safe, and warm. We don't live in a tent, like the people still displaced by the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. We don't live in a landfill, like so many of India's poor. We don't live in a home made of cardboard, cinder blocks, mud, or corrugated metal. We have plenty of space, big windows for the sun to shine through, a nice little yard, friendly neighbors and a safe neighborhood. I am thankful for my home!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!