Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness- Family-in-law


I am willing to say nice things about my in-laws to anyone who will listen. I would hand out pamphlets, like a Jehovah’s Witness, but for in-laws. I don’t understand the sitcom stereotype that in-laws are to be feared and hated. I don’t understand people who dread spending time with their in-laws. I don’t understand people who talk badly about the family of their spouse to other people. I don’t get it. If you hate them so much, why did you marry into the family? But I digress.

My in-laws are wonderful. They are a big, merry bunch. My mother in law, Denise, has become a great friend of mine. She even joined our Bible study group, and she’s friends with my mom, too! Take that, stereotypes! My father-in-law Mark is so supportive and helpful. I have three brothers-in-law (no sisters-in-law yet!), ranging in age from 22 to 13. I cheer for Anthony at church basketball games. Stephen cracks me up, and one of my favorite things to do is hang out with Jonathan and watch Food Network on Sundays when Brandon is watching football.

I love my extended-family-in-law, too! All of them. They are the sweetest people. Family get-togethers are a real joy. I have an aunt-in-law who hugs me across the counter at the pharmacy where she works, every time I stop by to visit. I have an aunt-in-law and an uncle-in-law who always seem so happy to see me, and ask how my parents are doing. I have cousins-in-law who are fun to talk to and spend time with. And another cousin-in-law who sent a very sweet thank-you note for his graduation gift, which included a little bit about how perfectly I fit into the family. I melted a little, honestly. It made me so happy. I love each and every one of them, and I’m glad they like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!