Thursday, July 2, 2015

Opportunity

Hello, friends!

I come to you today with a prayer request. I'm not sharing the details right now, because sometimes I feel a little superstitious, and I don't want to jinx myself. But I still want some prayers!

I'm praying about an opportunity. It's kind of a big deal, and a big commitment. Several things would need to fall into place for me to be able to follow through on this opportunity. My heart and my mind are pretty much already set on following through with this, but that might just be because I'm excited about it. I want to pray about it and make sure that I'm following God's will, but I'm not very good at that. I struggle with doing things on my own schedule and following my own will, because I find it very, very hard to hear from God. I try and try and try and it happens *very* rarely. I think that my desire to follow this opportunity comes from him, because of this sense of determination, purpose, and confidence I have about it, but I would like to be careful about it.

This opportunity also involves my family, in a way. So I would appreciate your prayers for me and for my family. I really need some discernment. I'm praying for some very clear signs. Like, I'm tempted to throw fleeces out on my yard, at this point. That worked for Gideon, right?

My mom suggested taking 30 days to pray about this. So I will be praying about it continuously until the end of this month. If you are willing to join me in praying, or pray for me even off and on during that time, will you please comment on this post, or the facebook post I will use to share it? Hopefully in a few weeks I will be back here with an update full of excitement, rather than disappointment. :)

"I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf." Romans 15:30




1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on the blog!