Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My car, she is deceased. Sort of.

Today has been a NOT good day. And yet, at the same time, it has been an extremely lucky day.

I had lots of trouble waking up this morning and had a late start on my gigantic list of errands to run, partly because I forgot to put the clothes in the dryer when I finally did get up. I decided to pay my car taxes over the phone to save time, but I couldn't because all my info has changed, so I had to go in anyway. This normally would have saved me a two dollar processing fee, but since I forgot to bring my registration in to the clerk's office thingie, I had a two dollar charge anyway. Whatevs.
So then I kept running my errands, and originally I had planned on treating myself to lunch, since I finally cashed a birthday check today. I was going to go to my mom's and pick some up some stuff, then stop at McAlister's on the way home. Oh, do I love McAlister's. But I was getting hungry and didn't want to do the extra driving, so I called in an order to Applebee's. They said it would be ten or fifteen minutes, so I headed down there after like, fourteen minutes. My apartment complex is basically a parking lot over from this restaurant. On the way down there, my engine died FOUR TIMES. I finally made it to a parking spot, and the engine stayed on the whole time I was waiting.I ended up waiting for a total of 30 minutes for a simple order of chicken. When I went to back out of my spot, the car died again. And it would not come back. I had to go inside and ask for help pushing my car into a parking spot. Did I mention it was really hot outside today? Because it was.
After getting my car safely out of the way, I walked home. When I got home, I was sweaty and winded (sorry, gross, but it's true.) Then I opened up my food, and the order was all wrong. I asked for honey mustard, because I cannot eat their salty, over-seasoned fries with anything else, and there was no honey mustard. They didn't put any sauce or cheese on my chicken, so basically I paid $10.39 for a dry piece of chicken. I couldn't eat the side- I tried, though. But still. And yet, I didn't feel comfortable calling to complain because of the help I'd received with my car.
Being out in the heat for a while made me feel a little sick, and then for some reason my blood sugar like, skyrocketed, so for a few minutes there I kind of felt like I was dying a little. I am so dramatic. But it got to be ok.
Pappaw and Brian went to look at my car, and they did get it home (Pappaw said it died several times on the way.) Brian thinks he knows what's wrong with it but it may be out of commission for a few days. That should be ok, because Brandon can take me to work and pick me up tomorrow, and Mom can take me to work Thursday, and if it's not fixed by Friday, Brandon's off so he can take me to work again. It'll be fine.
When I told Brandon what happened, he said "the moral of the story is, don't go to Applebee's" (he wasn't that happy I was buying myself lunch.) But I said the moral of the story is, ALWAYS go to Applebee's. It would have been really bad if I had gone somewhere else and my car had died out on Bardstown Road- where I couldn't have walked home without dying from heat exhaustion. Like I said, today was pretty bad, and yet at the same time, it worked out. Hopefully my car will be working again soon and it won't be too difficult or expensive to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!