Saturday, May 1, 2010

A very merry unbirthday to me

Today was Derby day, which basically meant we had dinner at Mammaw's and I got presents. That was pretty cool. It was nice to have a dinner that didn't come from a box in the freezer, and I really like my presents. Of course I got the stuff Mammaw took me to pick out last week- a very pretty dress and new shoes, and a purse from uncle Brian (which I also picked out.) I plan on wearing the dress to basically every wedding I have to go to this summer (there are five of them). And my aunt, cousin, and her husband got me some nice smelling bath stuff and LADY GAGA LIPSTICK. ^_^ I'm ecstatic. See, there's a makeup company called MAC, which is really cool. They have a special line of lipsticks that they name after celebrities (who appear in the ad campaigns) and 100% of the proceeds from these lipsticks go to AIDS research and helping people who have been diagnosed with the disease. Recently, they came out with a shade that they named after Lady Gaga, who is one of my favorite people in the world. It's a really sweet pink color and I'm proud to wear it with my giant hairbows and awesome sunglasses (I draw the line at bleaching my hair platinum blonde). As soon as I got home, I put some on. I'm excited about it. I'm even saving the box because it has a really cool sparkly laser printing of Lady Gaga's signature on it.
Sorry I just wrote a paragraph about lipstick.
Anyway, a cool jockey won the Derby, and one of my horses I picked at work came in second place, so that means on Monday I get three bucks. Not too bad. All in all it's been a pretty good weekend so far- I've been off since Thursday, there hasn't been too much housework to do, and I think Brandon and I are gonna stay home and watch movies after church tomorrow, which sounds cool. I haven't heard from Amanda the rat-seller in the past few days, so I sadly do not have any pics to post of my babies yet, but if I don't hear from her tomorrow, I will email her on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!