Sunday, May 16, 2010

Congratulations, Jess and Erik!

Everyone has some complaint about their job, but hopefully everyone also has something that makes their job more bearable. For me, that "thing" is my friend Jess. She started working at my branch not long after I did, and I actually look forward to going to work when we work together. She is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and she's lots of fun. Yesterday she got married! I only took about three pictures, and none of them turned out so well, but she looked beautiful. The wedding was at Nunnlea House, which is a historic home in Louisville. Thankfully the rain held off until well after the wedding was over. There was a reception with yummy food (little sandwiches!) and I got to see some library people that I hadn't seen in a while. Many of the guests were library employees. Jess started working at the J-Town branch, where she met her new husband Erik. They started dating a little bit before she moved to Fern Creek. Erik used to work at Middletown, and now he works at Newburg. Coincidentally, our manager was the one who hired him into the system, and he and our new children's librarian went to library school together. So there were all kinds of library people there. That was pretty neat.
Jess will be gone for almost two weeks on her honeymoon, and I will miss her while she's gone. I told her if she decided to come back to work early, I wouldn't mind so much.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the rain held off and that you had a great time. best wishes to the both of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!