Monday, May 3, 2010

Not so immediate care.

Today has been interesting, for lack of a better word.

My poor mom hurt her back a few weeks ago, and it has been getting worse over the last few days, for some reason. So I had to take her to the doctor today. Except the doctor would not answer the phone for like an hour, and when someone finally did, they put mom on hold for ten minutes and hung up on her. So we wound up going to immediate care, but as soon as we were getting ready to leave, all the meds my mom's taken for her back decided to greatly upset her tummy. And then it took a very long time at the doctor's office, and while they did give her pain meds and something for her tummy (and a note saying she doesn't have to go to work for a few days), they never told her what was wrong.
We ended up coming back to the apartment for a little while, since I live right behind the immediate care (really- I can look out my bedroom window and watch the ambulances who pull up the back of the building. Like they did this morning) and her tummy was still upset. And I just took her home.
This day has been quite a bit different than the one I imagined. I was going to do housework all day, and go to work at 4:30. I still have to work, but I just loaded the dishwasher and called it a day. I'm off tomorrow so I will clean house then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!