Monday, May 9, 2016

Sweet Greetings from El Salvador

Happy Mail Call Monday- the first of May!



So, something weird happened with my Compassion account- to make a long story short, I haven't received any letters for two weeks because some of my settings got a little mixed up, and I have trouble getting my online letters to load anywhere but work- and I can't just read them while I'm working! :) So for two weeks I've been wondering where all my letters were, and finally figured it out, and my superhero friends at Compassion are going through and figuring out which letters *should* have been printed and mailed to me at that time, and re-sending them. They are so awesome!

In the meantime, I do have a letter to present this week because we had done an inquiry for our little dude Jeferson in El Salvador. We wrote to him for six months with no response. The office in El Salvador sent a response this week- I now have a scanned copy of his first letter (attached to an email, so I can peek at it) AND it came with an extra photo! He's posing with some of our letters and smiling. He looks so happy, and that makes me happy.



Jeferson wrote that he likes all our letters and he is glad we called him a handsome boy. :) He said his family is fine, he is doing very well in school and his favorite activities are playing soccer and riding bikes. He said he will write a lot more and he hopes we like his letter since he wrote it with "so much love!" It was all very cute- he filled up the whole page. How wonderful to finally hear from him! I'm so glad he's doing well.

And here is his extra photo!


1 comment:

  1. I love the extra photo! It's nice to know that he's getting your letters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!