Sunday, February 1, 2015

Getting to Know You: Brenda

Name: Brenda
Age: 7
Birthday: October 22
Country: Mexico
Sponsored since: January 2013

How we got her: After the limit of three correspondence children was lifted, I started asking for more correspondence kids periodically. I don't think I asked for any specifics when we got Brenda, but I was so happy to get her! Her first picture was super cute, and she was our youngest child at the time.

About her family: Brendita lives with her mom and dad. They live in an urban area near Mexico City. She has mentioned sisters in her letters, but I don't know their ages or names. Her mom's name is Blanca.

Hobbies and interests: Brenda LOVES dolls. In so many of her letters, she has mentioned playing with dolls, dressing her dolls, sharing her dolls....playing with them again! She also likes animals. She had a pet duck at one point, and she asked me to pray for it. She also likes snacks. She talks about eating a lot. In her first letter, she covered the entire drawing space (half a page) with drawings of Fruit Loops!


Here are some excerpts from Brendita's letters!

"My family is very nice. All of them love me a lot and they play with me. Sometimes they correct me when I make mischiefs, but they love me." 


Brendita's first photo! 


"In my neighborhood there are a lot of people, houses, and a lot of dogs. Laugh, laugh." 

"I love the food and sometimes I can take it home." 

"I would like to ask you; Do you feel scared of dentist?" 

"I want to tell you that I am very happy and that I am doing very well at school and I have behaved very well and I've been taking care of my family." 

"I will go to Kidzania on October 21 because the pastors are giving me that trip as my birthday gift." 


Brendita, age 6


"Brendita has changed a lot in the project, she has been very obedient. Always before eating she tells mom and dad (they) have to thank Gd for the food....these things full of joy to the family." 

"Thanks for doll toy, my coloring books, my Bible with butterflies, my bag, my Barbie and my memory game." 


I had the opportunity to mail a gift to Mexico, where my friend Mrs. K was living for a few months. She then mailed this gift for Brendita to the Compassion field office! I was very excited to get this photo. Since the thank you letter was written by Brendita's mom, I am guessing that's her in the picture. : ) 


"Activities I do with my friends are: to trap someone." 

"My best friend is special because: he shares his candies with me." 

"I want to thank you for being my best friend and sending me letters." 

"The class I like best in school is natural science." 

"I want to thank you for the doll I received...I'll take care of everything and I'll think of you every time I play with them." 

"I want to tell you that in school I saw a painting and I really liked it. That is why I also made you a painting. I hope you like it. I made it with lots of love." 

"In the project I have friends now, and I love you very much." 


Our most recent photo of Brendita was updated around October 2014, in time for her 7th birthday! 








2 comments:

  1. Brendita is just adorable!!! And her letter excerpts are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!