- My church. We are currently doing a series on marriage at church, and this past Sunday my pastor led all the married couples in a renewal of vows. I thought that was pretty awesome. I love my church!
- My friend Blaire. Blaire is very awesome and sweet and always willing to help. I am so glad she joined our Bible study group last year! I am especially thankful for her this week because she decided to sponsor one of the Compassion kids I posted on facebook! She is now sponsoring a very pretty 15 year old girl named Nisha, from India. This is her second sponsor child.
- Financial blessings. This week I found out some extremely good news regarding my medical bills from my surgery- my biggest bills (for my hospital stay, pre-op testing, anesthesiologist...basically everything except the surgeon's fee) have been waived! All together they totaled almost $8,000. My financial aid application has been pending with them for over two months, so on Wednesday I called to check on it (again) and they said they had just put my acceptance letter in the mail. This is just incredible news. I'm very happy about it.
- Letters. This week has been pretty difficult. I have been under more stress than usual, and on top of that, I strained my back on Monday and I am having a lot of difficulty with it even now, three days later. I hobbled out to get the mail yesterday, feeling pretty down, and found a letter from Victor waiting in my mailbox. The timing was really great. It put a smile on my face, and helped me perk up a bit. : )
- Weekend breaks. My boss graciously allowed me to work all my hours Monday through Thursday of this week so I could have the weekend off for my birthday, even though we really needed coverage on Saturday because there's a big event down at the main library and there will be at least one staff member working that. Working longer hours was really hard, and I ended up having to take some of my newly regained sick leave today so I could come in a bit later and give my back more rest, but I am so thankful to have the weekend off. Hopefully it will be relaxing and happy!
Thursday, May 9, 2013
How is it already Thursday again?? Here's what I'm thankful for this week: