Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thankful Thursday

How is it already Thursday again?? Here's what I'm thankful for this week:


  1. My church. We are currently doing a series on marriage at church, and this past Sunday my pastor led all the married couples in a renewal of vows. I thought that was pretty awesome. I love my church!
  2. My friend Blaire. Blaire is very awesome and sweet and always willing to help. I am so glad she joined our Bible study group last year! I am especially thankful for her this week because she decided to sponsor one of the Compassion kids I posted on facebook! She is now sponsoring a very pretty 15 year old girl named Nisha, from India. This is her second sponsor child. 
  3. Financial blessings. This week I found out some extremely good news regarding my medical bills from my surgery- my biggest bills (for my hospital stay, pre-op testing, anesthesiologist...basically everything except the surgeon's fee) have been waived! All together they totaled almost $8,000. My financial aid application has been pending with them for over two months, so on Wednesday I called to check on it (again) and they said they had just put my acceptance letter in the mail. This is just incredible news. I'm very happy about it. 
  4. Letters. This week has been pretty difficult. I have been under more stress than usual, and on top of that, I strained my back on Monday and I am having a lot of difficulty with it even now, three days later. I hobbled out to get the mail yesterday, feeling pretty down, and found a letter from Victor waiting in my mailbox. The timing was really great. It put a smile on my face, and helped me perk up a bit. : )
  5. Weekend breaks. My boss graciously allowed me to work all my hours Monday through Thursday of this week so I could have the weekend off for my birthday, even though we really needed coverage on Saturday because there's a big event down at the main library and there will be at least one staff member working that. Working longer hours was really hard, and I ended up having to take some of my newly regained sick leave today so I could come in a bit later and give my back more rest, but I am so thankful to have the weekend off. Hopefully it will be relaxing and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!