Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday- time for me to count my blessings!


  1. Bible Study. My Bible study group kicked off a new session this Tuesday evening. Our new study is JD Greear's Gospel Revolution. I'm really looking forward to it, and it's good to be back with my friends again!
  2. Days off. This week I got to spend all of Tuesday with my mom, which was fun. Since she can't drive right now, I took her on a few errands, and we got lunch and watched TV together until it was time to go to Bible study. It was a really nice, restful day, and I'm glad I got to spend time with my mom!
  3. Mailbox surprises. Today I got a package in the mail from my friend Ashley,   and inside was a postcard with her adorable son's picture on it, a letter thanking me for helping support their adoption, and a neat handmade metal cross from Haiti- just like the artwork I talked about in my Haiti profile! It was super sweet of her, and I'm excited about it. : )
  4. Ice cream/friends. I worked with my friend Jess today, and she said she was going to run up to Walgreen's on her break. She asked if I needed anything, and I pointed out that they have Ben & Jerry's on sale this week- so she brought some back for us! We finished our breaks with yummy ice cream. It was nice. 
  5. Modern medicine. I got really, really sick this morning, and thanks to pharmaceutical wonders (and prayer from my friends) I was able to make it through the day. This is pretty miraculous, considering how sick I was. All I can say is, God bless the makers of Zofran. 
Edit: With the distraction of my exciting mailbox surprise, I forgot to share one thing I am EXTREMELY thankful for! Last night, I saw my favorite patrons for the first time since my surgery. The mom is super sweet and we have tons of interests in common, I have known the little girl since before she was born, and the middle son, Connor, is my favorite. I LOVE this kid. Connor is special- he is probably on the autism spectrum (I have never talked about this with his family to be sure, because it really doesn't matter to me!) and he is just the absolute sweetest kid. I love talking to him. He loves reading non-fiction, so sometimes I share fun facts with him depending on what he's checking out. Over the past two years or so he has become really interested in Star Wars, which of course is a specialty of mine! Anyway, last night I saw Connor come in with his mom and sister, and is face absolutely lit up. I said "Connor! I haven't seen you in forever, buddy! Wow! I'm so happy to see you tonight!" and I swear, he smiled the whole time he was there. He found a few books and came back up to the desk to hang out and talk Star Wars with me, grinning the whole time. It was the best. I told his mom about my schedule changes since I've been back to work, and I hope to see them again next week! My friendship with Connor and his family is one of the things I absolutely love about my job. : )

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Ice cream sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and had to comment! I, like you, am also extremely thankful to the makers of Zofran! It's the best thing- I always used to call it my best friend when in the hospital. Today I'm also thankful for pain medicine after having my wisdom teeth taken out. I hope you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!