Monday, October 25, 2010

Vacation, day one

My first day of vacation has gone pretty well, actually. I have tidied up the apartment some (just a bit), folded three loads of laundry, and watched a movie with my husband. He is off work today so we will watch another movie with dinner. I made chocolate chip muffins for breakfast and I fixed him ramen noodles for lunch. I'm sure I'll have to do another load of dishes later on, but that's ok. This morning Brandon said he wanted to go to PetSmart so we drove over there and saw the animals and looked for a new cage for the ratties. We also stopped by Hobby Lobby to get a wedding present for someone. They have almost all their Christmas stuff on sale for 40-50% off, by the way. I didn't get to look at much of it because shopping bothers Brandon, but what I saw was pretty cute.
Now I'm just hanging out at home, waiting for dinner time. Not much is going on. I don't really feel like reading a book or playing a video game right now. Speaking of books, though, I just read the best book I've read in a long time- definitely the best piece of adult fiction I've read in a year or two. It's called "Room", and it was really good. It's about a boy named Jack who's spent his whole life in, well, a room. It's all he knows. It's just him and his mom. It's fascinating and I seriously couldn't put it down, except for when I fell asleep Saturday night. I really, really recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!