Thursday, October 14, 2010

A job.

You know how most weeks I don't have anything really worthwhile to say? I think this week is different.

On Monday I was just wandering around the internet and found this random job for Brandon to apply for. It's actually a job with our city government, pays more than he earns now (he would have union dues, though) and is sort of related to his field of study. It has something to do with taxes. I don't know. Anyway, I told him about it, and he applied for it on Monday. The next afternoon, he got a call asking him to come in the next day for an interview. Well, unfortunately he couldn't do that, because he already had to work and couldn't reschedule on that short notice. So they found another spot to interview him and he has an interview Friday at 4 p.m.! I guess this is one time where my wasting time on the internet has come in handy. This job would be a great opportunity for him. We're not sure that it would be a better thing financially, but I do think he would enjoy the work more, would have better hours, and working at a desk and computer all day isn't as physically wearing as hauling auto parts around all day. Also, I think having this job would give Brandon more time to study for his actuarial exam, so this would be a good thing all around. Please keep him in your prayers on Friday. I hope this all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!