Thursday, October 21, 2010

To Brown, or not to Brown?

Still no word from the Revenue Office about Brandon's potential new job. Knowing that it's a Metro government job makes me think they would call at the last possible moment, if they were going to call (seriously, it was more than two months after I submitted an application til my interview at the library, and another few months after that til I started the job.) We are still hopeful.

Speaking of jobs, the annual library staff appreciation event is coming up, and I have to RSVP by this weekend. Did I mention that we just got the invitations on Monday? Despite the fact that I've been working at the 'brary since June 2005, I have never ever been to one of these things. In the past I'd heard that they were pretty lame, and I just wasn't interested in going. Last year it was held at the Louisville Science Center, and party-goers were allowed to tour the museum at their leisure. I kind of regret not going to that one, because I haven't been there in forever, and it would have been fun to visit without a bunch of little kids milling around. This year, it'll be held at the Brown Hotel. Fancy, right? I'm impressed that we were able to book such a nice place- with such yummy food! I am tempted to go this year. I just don't know if I will. And I need to be deciding, apparently. Some of my friends will be there, there will be good food, and a photo booth. On the other hand, I really don't like going out- especially to unfamiliar places. I have a feeling I will end up saying I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!