Monday, November 23, 2015

Sweet Greetings from Honduras, Ghana, and Burkina Faso

Happy Mail Call Monday!



First, we got a letter from Eduardo in Honduras!



Eduardo's letter was short, but it is always nice to hear from him! He said that his family is doing well and reminded me that he likes his brother Victor. :) He asked about my siblings and my work at the library!

We also got our first letter from Rubby in Ghana!



Rubby's letter was very sweet! She expressed gratitude to be receiving letters (Rubby's financial sponsor never wrote to her, for years and years) and shared that she is now able to watch her little sister while her mom is busy. She asked what I like to do in my leisure time, When prompted to share her prayer for me, she said she is praying to God that I will always be there for her. I take this to mean that she really appreciates the letters that she has been receiving from us, and I am so glad that we were matched together! Rubby also shared a Bible verse with me that was very meaningful, about not arguing with people who are not really where they claim to be in their relationship with God. She has no idea, but that verse arrived at such a pertinent time! Social media has been a minefield lately with aggravating posts about current events, and it has been a real struggle for me, knowing when I should open my mouth and when I should just let things go. I shared a very abstract explanation of that with Rubby and thanked her for sharing such timely wisdom from the Bible!

At the end of the week, we got a letter from Barry in Burkina Faso!



Barry's letter was written by a project worker on big kid stationery- he usually sends us form letters. Barry's family and neighborhood was apparently affected by the recent political upheaval in Burkina Faso, and he said that school was delayed but peace has returned to the area. He shared that his father is not a Christian and would like us to pray that he comes to know Jesus. He did tell me that he and his mom go to church together every Sunday! He asked that we pray for his studies so he can move up to the next grade, and shared that he would like to be head of the class all year long!

1 comment:

  1. Rubby sounds like an amazing letter writer and a wise young lady! And I'm so glad that you heard from Barry and Eduardo!! But that's so sad that Barry's living situation was affected by the political upheaval. I'm glad peace has returned and hope it will stay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!