Monday, June 17, 2013

Sweet Greetings

On Mondays, blogging Compassion sponsors often post the letters they may have received during the week. I am linking up with Blogging from the Boonies- please check out Michelle's lovely blog and the wonderful Compassion-related resources she posts there.


I had two letters waiting for me when I got back from my trip this weekend! Both of them touched on the same topic- after my surgery, I told my kids that I had lots of friends and family that were helping me during my recovery. I asked they had ever helped a loved one after an illness. 

The first letter I opened was from Tasya in Indonesia. 


16 April 2013

Shalom!First of all I would like to tell you that I'm in good health. Yes, I've taken care of my younger and older siblings who were sick. I'm so glad to be able to help my parents.
I'm happy in school to have a lot of good friends. My school is going on well and soon I will face my grade promotion exam. I'll also get a few days vacation. I'm so excited. Even that it's holiday, but I'm able to study and help my parents working.
I also have siblings and I'm able to play with them. We play together joyfully.
The weather here is sometimes rain and sometimes hot. Is it raining there?
I pray for you dear mama and family to be blessed by the Lord.

Love,
Tasya 

Tasya is the sweetest kid! Her parents have raised her so well. I love her so much!
The second letter I opened was from Joane in Haiti. 


Dear Jessi, 
My heart overflows with joy to get this opportunity to write to you in the name of God Almighty. How are you, your family, your health and activities? My family and I are very well, thanks to God. It is very cold where I live. I pray that you'll recover. My school is going very well. I've just taken the 2nd term exam and I hope I'll pass. Yes I take care of my family and friends when they're sick. Thanks for the letter and your prayers and wishes. I'm glad to hear from you. President Michel Martelly visited Ennery on Apri 7 to inaugurate the new road with our deputy. He made us a lot of promises and paid many children's school fees. He promised us a university, a vocational school and free schooling. I thank you for the monetary gift of March. I bought shoes with it. Thanks for your prayers and support. I pray that God will protect you in all you do. God bless you!

Joane


It must have been very exciting for Joane's community to have a visit from the president! I hope he follows through on his promises and works to better the lives of the people in Haiti. 


This week we also got our info packet on our newest correspondence kid, Carlos! I'm looking forward to reading through it and learning more about his community. 



1 comment:

  1. What great letters!! How precious that Tasya calls you her "dear mama." And that is so exciting that Joane was able to see the president!! I bet that would be quite the experience! Thanks for sharing your letters!! And how fun to receive Carlos' packet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!