Monday, February 18, 2013

Sweet Greetings

On Mondays, blogging Compassion sponsors often post the letters they may have received during the week. I am linking up with Blogging from the Boonies- please check out Michelle's lovely blog and the wonderful Compassion-related resources she posts there.




I thought that this was going to be another week without any letters, but on Saturday morning I realized that Friday, I hadn't been home when the mail came, and I didn't remind my husband to get it, either (he wouldn't have had reason to because we weren't expecting a Netflix movie that day.) So I found my slippers and headed out to the mailbox, and was so happy to see two envelopes from Compassion! 

The first envelope was a newsletter from Compassion providing information about the area of India where Jayid lives. The second envelope was a letter from Tasya!




Dearest Mama Jessi, 
When this letter is being written, Tasya is in good health. At Tasya's place, it rains a lot. Many people get sick because of the rain. Tasya doesn't like rain because it can make the people get sick. How is the weather in Mama's country?

Tasya wants to say thank you so much for sending the Christmas gift to Tasya. Tasya will use it to buy the clothes for Christmas. Tasya will get the exam report book. 

Please pray for Tasya that she can get class promotion. Hopefully, Mama and family are healthy and blessed by Lord Jesus. 
Merry Christmas December 25 and Happy New Year January 1 2013!
Tasya


Tasya also included an ornament she made out of paper. It was two paper stars tied together with green ribbon. The first star, on pink paper, was printed with "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" in Indonesian, and the second star, on white paper, was printed with Isaiah 11:1

I'm so glad I received mail this week! We're still waiting on a few first letters from some of our kids- we still haven't heard from Victor and he's been our correspondence kid since the beginning of November! Did you get any letters this week?


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet letter!! :) It is so precious that she calls you Mama. Love getting those cream envelopes! I hope you get those first letters soon. It is so hard to wait for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First letters are the hardest to wait for- I love how I instantly feel connected to my kids after getting them, though!

      Delete
  2. That's such a cute letter!!! I love hearing about what they get with gift money!! And I love how she calls you Mama. The ornament sounds beautiful!!! I love stuff like that too. What a great letter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasya has called me Mama ("Bunda" in Indonesian) since her third or fourth letter to me! I just love her so much!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!