Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Loki!

My parents' 26 anniversary is tomorrow (Valentine's Day!) For their anniversary, my mom got a new puppy. She has been wanting one a long time- we used to get a puppy every three years, almost like clockwork. The last one we got was Elwood, the basset hound, and that was about five years ago. Anyway, she has been pretty insistent that she wanted a Corgi (maybe she will get one some day), but in Sunday's paper there was an ad for Papillon-Pomeranian mix puppies. And the one that my mom got is absolutely perfect. He knows who his momma is- I was in the car with them yesterday and every time my mom talked, he looked at her. He likes to cuddle, lay his head on your arm or your shoulder (he hides his face in long hair!) He was almost all the way on my shoulder last night! I have only heard him whimper twice. He even came to Bible study with us last night, and behaved perfectly. You wouldn't have known he was there, except every once in a while, when he got passed to a new person, you'd hear someone say "awwwwwwww" really quietly. It sounds weird to say that a puppy is an answered prayer, but he really is. He has only been home since Monday night and he has already brought so much happiness to my family. The only thing that's not perfect about him? He doesn't live with me!


Momma and her new buddy. She looks so happy!!


I am in love with this face. 


Loki and Sissy (I am "sissy" to all the dogs. My dog Diego knows to go find me when you tell him "go find Sissy!")


I collect walruses. I thought it would be fun to see if Loki was bigger than one of my stuffed walruses. He is not. I sat him down by the walrus, he took one look at it, and bit it. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!