Saturday, February 2, 2013

Salad Bar

My dear husband had the day off on Thursday, and we spent the day together. We started the day off by chopping up some veggies left over from Bible study Tuesday and making a little "salad bar" for our ratties. I hate to admit it, but since Guinea Pig died last fall, they haven't had many special treats in the way of fresh fruits and veggies (and I know they haven't had anything fun to eat since I had my surgery- I usually share a little bit of my breakfast with them since I eat breakfast upstairs on the computer. Surgery has kept me downstairs, though!) Anyway, we put the veggies on a paper plate and headed upstairs. I sat in the computer chair while Brandon let everyone out of the cage, and I took pictures. Monster and Cupcake were really happy about the snacks. Monster tried to step on everything, and Cupcake kept taking pieces of veggie off to different parts of the room to eat in secret. Glitter, ever the suspicious one, wasn't having any part of it at first, but she eventually came around. She didn't eat as much as the others, and she eventually decided she'd rather spend time snuggling with me in my new bathrobe! This made me really happy because she is generally pretty anti-social and skittish with anyone but Brandon. I am happy that I am able to go upstairs sometimes and visit with my fur-babies again!


Monster has the first taste of salad-y goodness.



Cupcake checks things out.



A rare moment of cooperative sharing.




Glitter finally decides to check things out.



And then decides cuddling is better than salad. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!