Monday, January 7, 2013

Sweet Greetings

On Mondays, blogging Compassion sponsors often post the letters they may have received during the week. I am linking up with Blogging from the Boonies- please check out Michelle's lovely blog and the wonderful Compassion-related resources she posts there.





Today I was very surprised to see we had a letter from Joane, our correspondence sponsor child in Haiti! Joane only writes to us about twice a year (I last heard from her after Easter 2012), so I was very happy to get a letter from her. Unfortunately, with so much time between letters, Joane's letter is basically answers to a bunch of questions that have been asked over the past, oh, seven months? Nevertheless, I was thrilled to hear from her. 


23 October 2012

Dear Jessi, 
I am happy for the opportunity that I have to write this letter to you. How are you and your family doing? How are your activities and your health? I am doing well by the grace of God. My school activities are going well. I don't have vacation in Spring. Yes, my church talk about the Holy Spirit. I received it well. Yes I go to church. Yes I had a dinner with my family. I am doing good. No, I don't play basketball. Thank you for my letter and your prayers towards me. I am happy to hear from you and I'll keep praying for you too. I am praying for [my friend Amanda] to be able to bring the good news of the Gospel in Japan. On June 10, my project organized a nice party for all the children. It was Children's Day. We sang, danced, and told poetry, etc. Do you also celebrate Children's Day? May God bless you. 

Your daughter, 
Joane


Between finally hearing from Joane after such a long silence, and learning about the adorable newest member of our far-away family, this week has been pretty good! I'll be putting a big envelope in the mail soon, filled with Valentine's Day cards and stickers for all the kids, plus local postcards for our newest sponsor children (Victor, Mbari, and Brenda), and birthday cards for the kids with March birthdays (Victor, Joane, and Jayid!)


4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful - how old is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fun that you heard from Joane again!! It's a bummer that it's only your 2nd letter this year, but it's so neat that she answered all your questions!! At least you know she's reading your letters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was great to hear from her, and seeing her responses lets me know that she has definitely been getting all the letters I send her!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!