Friday, January 4, 2013

Meet Brenda

I was told a few days ago that it would probably be a long time before I got a new correspondence sponsor child, as Compassion seems to be pretty well set with correspondence sponsors at the moment. I logged in to my account this evening to double-check Jayid's upcoming birthday (it's almost two months away, so that means it's about time to send him a card and some stickers!) and was stunned to see a new name on our account! I am overjoyed that little Brenda has been added to our far-away family.


Brenda is 5 years old and lives in Mexico. We have never written to or sponsored a child in Mexico before, so it will be exciting to learn about her country- and also to send her things in Spanish! Thank you, Lord, for this unexpected blessing. I pray  that Brenda's financial sponsors are in it for the long haul, and we will be able to have a relationship with her for a long time to come.


Overwhelmingly adorable!!!

1 comment:

  1. She's a cutie!! We have an 11-year-old boy, Jose, from Mexico! And a few years ago we had a girl from Mexico. Enjoy writing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!