Monday, December 10, 2012

Sweet Greetings

On Mondays, blogging Compassion sponsors often post the letters they may have received during the week. I am linking up with Blogging from the Boonies- please check out Michelle's lovely blog and the wonderful Compassion-related resources she posts there.





This week we have received three total letters! The first two were short letters from Said.


Jessi, 
Praise the Lord. I thank God for his protection and fights for us. I'm doing well in my studies and I ask you to pray for me because very soon I will complete my primary school studies. I feel sympathy for you because you were sick. My mother is healed and I thank you for your prayers for her. Thank you for your nice Christmas photos. 
I wish you good health, blessings, success and God's protection. 

Jessi, 
I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Praise Jesus my dear friend. I believe that you are proceeding well with your daily activities. The purpose of this letter is to say thank you for the nice letter that you have sent to me. God bless you also. I say thank you for the post card that you have sent to me. I am proceeding well with my studies at school, , also learning a word of God at the centre. I am praying for your blessing and good health and may God multiply you. You are welcome Tanzania. There are wild animals, parks, and high mountains, sea and ocean. 
Keep in praying for me every day. May God conserve you!

Said



I am also thrilled to say that we received our first letter from Annet today! Oh, how I have anxiously awaited getting to know this little girl. Due to a slight mix-up right before she became our correspondence kid, Annet's letter to us is written on stationery that is addressed to another kind, blogging sponsor, but her letter is written in response to my letters to her! I'm sure everything will be cleared up the next time I hear from her (which I hope will be sooner rather than later!) 
I learned today that the stationery used in her project is covered in the margins with tiny, stamp-sized pictures of things like the Ugandan national flag, various animals (the crested crane, the lion, and the Uganda Kob, all of which we saw at the zoo last week!), and plants like pineapple and maize. There are fun facts underneath each picture. What a fun way to teach sponsors about the country where their child lives! 
Annet's letter was written in English by a Compassion project staff member. 


Receive Warm greetings in Jesus name. She says she is fine and the family members are fine too. 
She thanks you very much for the nice letters you sent her. She says thank you for sending her assorted information about youself and an encouraging memory verse. 
She says to answer your questions, pray for her to study hard and pass her promotion exams and she also says that her place is Kampala. 
She says the weather is cool because it is raining and the care givers are busy with garden work such as planting and weeding their food crops which they expect a good harvest if God continues blessing them with rain. 
She says what is the weather in your area now?
She also says that at the project, doctors came to carry out HIV testing and counseling and all children and the caregivers were tested. 
May God reward you and bless you so much. 
Annet


I am so happy to read that where Annet lives, the Lord has been "blessing them with rain." It has been raining for several days here in Louisville, and all I hear is complaining from the people around me! How quickly we forget what a dry summer we had, and how much we needed and wanted the rain just a few short months ago. I am so thankful to God that the "care givers" are (or were) expecting a good harvest, particularly when so much of Africa has faced extreme drought and starvation over the last few years. Thank you, Lord, for this miracle in my mailbox today. I give thanks every time I receive a letter from one of my kids, but I feel such a special connection with Annet for a bunch of reasons- I am overjoyed that we finally got our first letter from her today!!

3 comments:

  1. First letters are so exciting! I posted about a last letter today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the Ugandan stationary, too! Very neat!

    Thanks for sharing letters and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annet is so cute!! I love Uganda...that was where my first Compassion kid is from--and we're still in touch!! And that is so neat that you got two letters from Said!! What a treat!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!