Thursday, December 27, 2012

Meet Mbari

We got our newest correspondence sponsor child today! I actually got an email from Compassion saying my account was updated about an hour after I checked my account (pretty late in the day) and was a bit saddened to see that we still had just 6 kids on our account. I am so glad I decided to check my email on my break at work!

Mbari is 17 years old and lives in Kenya, the same country as Victor. Mbari's parents are married, and she lives with both of them, which is truly a blessing- it is so sad to see how many children available for sponsorship are missing one or both parents, especially in Africa, where AIDS, alcoholism, and other issues so often tear families apart. Mbari's performance in school is average, which is great! She likes playing games like hide and seek and other group games, and listening to music. I am excited to get to know Mbari!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!