Sunday, December 30, 2012

Annet needs a sponsor

About 36 hours after getting the good news that Mbari had been added to our Compassion account as a new correspondence child, I got a phone call from Compassion saying that Annet's financial sponsor had decided to discontinue the sponsorship. This makes me terribly sad for many reasons. I feel sorry for Annet, especially since we are unable to take on her financial sponsorship- we just added Jayid as a "real" sponsorship two months ago, and are still adjusting to that extra bill. I feel sad because I felt such a connection to her, partly because of her location (Uganda), and I feel sad because of the sort of miraculous way she came to be our correspondence child. I feel sad because of a mix-up at Compassion, we were slow to receive a first letter from Annet. We never received our introductory letter, and the first actual letter we got from her didn't even have my name on it because she was originally added to another person's account by mistake. I was just getting to know this sweet girl.

I wanted to try to find Annet a new sponsor among people I know (or am acquainted with) before telling Compassion to add her back to the sea of children without a sponsor. Are any of you, kind readers, looking to sponsor a child? I will wait a week before telling Compassion that we cannot be Annet's sponsors, and then I will continue to advocate on her behalf. I just pray she doesn't go very long without a sponsor.


1 comment:

  1. Great blog Jessi!! May I follow?

    Happy New Year from a fellow Kentucky blogger :)

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!