Wednesday, November 24, 2010

With a thankful heart

Happy Thanksgiving! The blog challenge is on hiatus for today, but I would like to list some things that I am thankful for, in the spirit of the holiday.

I am thankful for my husband! He makes me laugh and is generally a nice person. I like to spend time with him. He works very hard to support us and I'm thankful for that, too.

I'm thankful for my family and the fact that they almost all of them live close by so we can spend time with them during the holidays.

I'm thankful for my job and the opportunities I have at the library to brighten someone's day.

I'm thankful that I have a church home (two, if you want to get technical) and I live in a country where it's not illegal to worship Jesus.

I'm thankful for my pets- though we have a lot fewer than we'd like, they are fun to spend time with and they keep me company during the day.

I'm thankful for my friends. Life would be rather dull and yucky without them.

I'm thankful for Tasya, the child I sponsor through Compassion International! Being her sponsor has brought such positive change to my life! I'm glad I have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of her and her family.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!