Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day 2

The theme for today's post is Black Friday Tips and Tricks, or something along those lines. I am not very serious about Black Friday, so I'm afraid this post is going to be a bit more boring than the others.

Black Friday usually means a day for me to get some cheap DVDs. Seriously. That's about it. Last year we bought our mattress at Big Lots for a hundred dollars cheaper than regular price, but do I need a new mattress every year? No. And I start shopping early for Christmas so it's not like I'm out there looking for gifts. That would be too stressful for me. So if there's something I really need, I'll check the ads for it. I do like going out shopping because I think it's fun, but this year I won't be going because I have to work that day. Which is fine with me because I get the whole weekend off. :)

I think my biggest shopping tip (really my only one) is for people who have money management issues, like me. Every time I save money for something, another bill comes along and takes my money away from me. I think it's a curse. So I start shopping really early. This year I technically started in July because I found something somewhere that I just couldn't pass up for Brandon. I started seriously shopping for things in September, spending about thirty dollars per paycheck. It's worked out really well. All I have left to get is two gift cards and the charity stuff I'm purchasing (like for the giving tree at church, and the senior I "adopted" from the tree at Walmart). And stamps. I need stamps, since we are sending out so many Christmas cards this year (now that we are married and need to send them to our family members in addition to friends and coworkers.)

Well, that's about it for today, I think. Sorry that wasn't more exciting, but I'm just not that stoked for Black Friday this year.

One more tip- if you live in Louisville or will be shopping here the day after Thanksgiving, we have usually found more success with businesses in the Bashford Manor area. The Walmart and Target over there were not crowded at all the last few years. Last year they were a bit more crowded but still less so than other Targets and Walmarts in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!