Saturday, November 27, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day 5

Today's theme is kind of a fun one!

Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Special

There are several great Christmas specials that are now out on DVD, like the classic Rudolph and Frosty specials. Another great one that I haven't seen in at least a decade is the Claymation Christmas Special. The DVD is like $20 so I haven't bought it yet, but portions of it are available on youtube, including the ice skating walruses!

There are a few movies that we always watch during the holiday season, and have for as long as I can remember. I will list them here.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Forget A Christmas Story, this is the funniest holiday movie ever. There's nothing I don't like about it. It's HILARIOUS. Chevy Chase is awesome, and there are so many crazy things happening in this movie that could happen to any of us: squirrel in the Christmas tree; terrible relative that just won't leave; old people and the weird things they say; lame Christmas bonus; getting sap from the tree on your hands and not being able to look through a magazine without accidentally ripping the pages. Oh, how I love this movie. Sometimes I watch it in the middle of the summer, just for fun.

The Santa Clause
When this first came out, I think it was kind of a big deal. Tim Allen was still super popular and the premise was fun. I think it still is. The sequels were lame, but this is a classic and we will continue to watch it every year.

A Muppet Christmas Carol
I think this is my favorite. We saw this several times in the theater when it came out (my family has a deep appreciation for the Muppets). We bought the movie as soon as it was available. I even had the sheet music from the songs for my keyboard. The movie honors the original story while bringing in the expected Muppet zaniness. The music is really great- when Brandon and I were in Disney World for our honeymoon, they were still piping holiday music throughout the parks. I was thrilled when we heard the song that the ghost of Christmas present sings: "Wherever you find love, it feels like Christmas!" Such a great movie. I actually just watched it last week. :)

Those are some of my favorites. There are others that I enjoy, like Elf, and Santa vs. the Snowmen. But I think these are my top three and they are the ones that I will continue to love and appreciate in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!