Monday, November 29, 2010

Blog Challege: Day 7

Today I'm supposed to describe crafts and DIY projects for the holidays. While some people think I'm creative, my artistic output for the holidays is pretty much limited to coloring books and arranging tissue paper in gift bags (I'm pretty good at that). I don't really have a desire to make my own Christmas cards because I don't think I'd ever make them as pretty as the ones I find at the store.

My dad, however, is pretty crafty, and he makes more stuff for the holidays than any other time of the year. He apparently used to make wreaths at a craft store or something, and sometimes he makes them now for friends and family or for the occasional craft show. The wreath we will be hanging on our door was custom made for us by dad. I said I wanted something sparkly and silver, and I got it. He also makes bows out of ribbon. He made all the pew bows for our wedding, and in the past he's made bows for decorations and tree toppers. He also likes to paint those little ceramic figurines you can get at craft stores. He painted a nativity set for my mom a little while ago.

So if you need somebody to make you a wreath or a bow, my dad is your guy. If you need some help with a coloring book, well, give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!