Another way you can help is to pray. Need specifics? Here are some ways you can pray for the Philippines.
- Pray for stamina, speed, and wisdom for government officials (local, state, and national) in the Philippines. Pray for their decision-making and for discernment for them. Pray for the relief workers who are already in the country and those who will be traveling there soon. I can't even begin to imagine how exhausting the work ahead of them is going to be.
- Pray for the Compassion staff in the Philippines as they are working to account for all the kids and checking on all the centers. Compassion's centers are church-based. Pray for the congregations and pastors of these churches.
- Pray for good things to come out of this recovery period rather than bad things. People can get a little crazy in a disaster like this. Violence can sometimes occur. Looting can be a problem. Pray for the people of the Philippines, that they will have patience and strength and won't give into these temptations.
- Pray for the sick and injured, and those whose health will be affected by the storm in the coming weeks. Pray for good health for the survivors, that they will be able to avoid a lot of the health problems that occur after big storms like this.
- Pray for comfort and peace for the families and friends of those who have died, and for those who are still waiting to hear from their loved ones. I can't imagine how stressful that must be.