Monday, August 12, 2013

Sweet Greetings

On Mondays, blogging Compassion sponsors often post the letters they may have received during the week. I am linking up with Blogging from the Boonies- please check out Michelle's lovely blog and the wonderful Compassion-related resources she posts there.



I was very blessed to receive two letters this week! It has been a long time since I've heard from our kids, so it was really nice to find letters in my mailbox on Friday and Saturday. .

The first letter was from our Said in Tanzania.


Dear Jessi, 
I would like to greet you in the name of Jesus. I say, Praise the Lord Jesus. 
My family and I hope that you are fine and getting on well with your daily works. 
Dear, the purpose of this letter is to greet you and tell you how things are going on here. 
My dear, the weather here is hot, and it sometimes rains and there are clouds. My dear, I also continue to attend [the project] on every Saturday. And on this Saturday, we learned a lesson from Matthew 3: 1-2, about the baptism of Jesus. Dear, I don't have more than these to say. 

Love, Said

Said is so sweet! I treasure each letter I get from him- I don't get as many since the letter writing changes last year. He also drew a lovely picture of a donkey:



Then I got a letter from Tasya! There is a bit of an interesting backstory here. My brother's dog, Wolfie, has not been doing well lately. He is a big dog, and he's pretty old. Wolfie and Jonathan are very close. Wolfie doesn't leave Jonathan's room unless Jonathan does. I can't really describe the bond that they have- you'd have to know them both to understand. Well, Wolfie hasn't been able to walk lately. He hasn't been eating well, which is not normal for a dog that will normally consume anything you throw toward his mouth. That is no exaggeration. He has had to have assistance going outside. Last week there was some talk about taking Wolfie to the vet soon to have him put to sleep, which is very hard to think about. Anyway, in her letter, Tasya mentions she is praying for our sick dog. None of the dogs have been sick, except for Wolfie, and that's pretty recent. Tasya's letter arrived the day after this discussion about taking Wolfie to the vet. It also arrived on the day that Wolfie miraculously was able to walk to the back door by himself, which is pretty neat. Sometimes we just get these feelings about specific prayer requests for our friends, even if they haven't told us about them. That's the Holy Spirit's work. Tasya may not know specifically which of my family's dogs is having problems, or what exactly is wrong with him, but obviously God put it on her heart to pray for one of our pets!



24 June 2013

Dear Mama Jessi, 
Shalom! I first give thanks to God for giving health to me and my family. I pray mama Jessi to get well soon and for your sick dog as well. 
You know, I'm so happy because I just finished the exam and will get school report soon. I hope you will always pray for me to get promoted to next grade. I also pray for your work that it is running well. 
The weather here is unpredictable as it sometimes rains and then warms that causes many people to get sick. That's it for now. God will always guide you and your family!

Love, 
Tasya



1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you received letters this week!!!! I didn't, but I'm enjoying your letters!!! How encouraging to hear that Tasya was praying for your brother's dog...isn't it so neat how God uses our kids to minister to us? And what a sweet letter from Said!!! I especially love his drawing--it's so realistic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!