This month we received quite a few letters, including first letters from Kevenel in Haiti and Caleb in Uganda, plus letters from Elisha, Bonifas, Said, Mishel, and progress reports from all three Tanzanian boys!
This month, Tasya turned 12, Eduardo turned 16, and Bonifas turned 9! It was a busy month for birthdays!
We got THREE new correspondence kids this month! Little Anahi in Honduras showed up on my account just in time for my birthday, and about a week later there was a request for many, many correspondents for a large group of kids in Colombia! We wound up with Julian and Michel there! And, as an extra treat, Julian attends the same center as children that my mom and Hannah received from the same batch of kids as well!
My friend Ashley has asked a few times about becoming a correspondence sponsor, and this month, she made the call! She and her family now have a 7 year old boy in Haiti named Shelot, who is just a little bit older than Anell! I'm really excited for them, and hope that they hear from Shelot soon! : )
It seems that I've had many opportunities to share about Compassion over the past several weeks, with sales people and library patrons and even people at the dentist's office. I'm not usually super outspoken about talking about Compassion on the fly like that, but I'm really thankful that I had the opportunity to share with these people. Maybe seeds have been planted and someday they might become sponsors or support Compassion's other initiatives, like the CSP program!
I've just got to share that I have found quite the haul throughout this month, and have picked up a TON of stuff to send to my kiddos at excellent prices! Here are some of the highlights:
- Spanish books (a non-fiction book about the planets, and some easy reader storybooks)
- Activity books with stickers
- Educational activity books
- Early elementary-level writing paper, for practicing letters and numbers
- Drawing pads
- Teacher packs of princess stickers
- Cartoon character sticker pads (Minnie and Dora, and the Dora ones have some Spanish!)
- Great deals on folders
- Cardboard stencils (we can't send plastic ones, but I found some cardboard Lisa Frank stencils in the party aisle at the Dollar Tree!)
- Tons of cute birthday cards (nice leftover cards from popular companies) and a graduation card for Carlos, who is graduating in November