Friday, March 21, 2014

Jambo!

Well, I am home. Technically I got home around 2:30 yesterday morning, and I slept till 9 and then tried to live a semi normal day. It worked moderately well. I've developed a sinus infection/cold thingie so that is impeding my progress overcoming jet lag, but that's ok. It could be worse. Though while we are on the subject, I would appreciate prayers for a speedy recovery, because all this coughing and nose-blowing is super annoying.

I thought I'd stop by here and check in, and let you know what I think I'm going to try to do with my posts. I plan to create a series of recaps of each day, where I can share the basics and lots of pictures, but I also want to do some individual posts here and there. Some will probably be about some things I learned, and some kids and families just deserve their own posts. I expect that the majority of my posts over the next few months will be about the trip, because I have a lot to share. Bear with me.

I'm really glad to be home, but there are things I miss. I miss the warm air, first of all, because it is freezing in my house, so that's what's first on my mind this morning. I miss spending the days with the kids. I miss all the singing and dancing. I miss getting waved at by everyone on the street. I miss the smiles and friendly faces. I miss feeling absolutely surrounded, almost smothered with, the love of God. I didn't have a single panic attack while I was in Africa. It's kind of hard to be under attack from the enemy when you spend your days with people who pray so fervently, praise so whole-heartedly, love so unconditionally.

Anyway, keep an eye out for a bunch of posts in the next few weeks. Hopefully I can get started on some soon!

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading all the future posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo glad to hear that you got back safely and had a wonderful time!! I was praying for you :) I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it seems like that trip flew by! I'm sure you feel even more so. Looking forward to reading future posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the blog!