Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend was pretty busy!

Friday night after work we went out to eat at Tumbleweed for my father-in-law's birthday (which was actually Thursday- "the family" went out that night to Golden Corral but some of us were working...). That dinner was my first real meal since I got sick with the stomach bug on Wednesday, and it went fine. I had a chimichanga. I hadn't had Tumbleweed in FOREVER, and it was soooo good. I'm glad we got to go!

Saturday we went to a wedding at 11 a.m. I've never been to a morning wedding before. We were supposed to have a "brunch reception" but we weren't able to eat until after 1 p.m.! When the bridal party finally arrived, they had a few dances before we were released to the buffet. The food was delicious, though. There were all kinds of breakfast foods- hash browns, biscuits and gravy, etc. There was also a waffle bar and a few omelet stations. It was all very yummy. By the time we got home it was almost time for the big football game to start, so we changed out of our fancy clothes and headed over to the in-laws to watch the game. My mother-in-law and I left during the first half to make a trip to the library and to Kroger. We had pizza for dinner (it made my tummy upset) and then everyone played badminton while I stayed inside and felt bad.

Sunday we went to the farm (Brandon's grandparents' place in Breckinridge County). I was kind of afraid to go at first because I hadn't felt well, but I went and had fun. I did not get much sun, unfortunately. Brandon had fun playing games with everyone. We didn't get back until about 10 at night!

And then there was Monday. I spent some time cleaning up the apartment before we went to dinner at my Mammaw's. I started feeling a little yucky before we went, but I felt better and ate a little bit while I was there. Apparently I ate too much because when I got home I felt really, really bad for about two hours. When I eat too much that hernia in my esophagus bothers me and makes me feel like I'm gonna puke even though I'm not. It was quite distressing. But I had a good night's sleep and I don't plan on eating much today. I work 4.5 hours this morning. The bookdrop will be atrocious because we were closed today and everybody still brings their stuff back even if we aren't there. We are supposed to have our last Bible study meeting tonight, too. You know, the 8-week study we started back in January. A lot of stuff has happened this year that has prevented us from meeting- bad weather, illness, injury, etc. Hopefully the next time we do something we will be able to finish it in a more timely manner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!