Saturday, July 24, 2010

News!

Well. I actually have something new to report! Tonight, I filled out the online form thingie to sponsor a child through Compassion International. They are a great organization and sponsoring a child on my own (or with Brandon, anyway) has been something I've been thinking about for months. My mom sponsors two girls through the program, and I've been writing them letters, but I felt that maybe it was time Brandon and I sponsored a child ourselves. So I did some online searching and found an 8 year old girl who lives in Indonesia. She is very cute, and...she loves to read! That is one of the things that drew me to her. I can't wait to receive our packet of information in the mail sometime in the next two weeks, so we can start sending her letters!
Sponsoring a child is a great way to "give back". There are so many kids who need help, encouragement, and prayers. Some of them don't have parents. Some of them have been waiting for a long time without a sponsor (ours is one of those kids). It costs less than $40 a month, which honestly is less than what I spend on junk food at the grocery store. I hate to sound like a TV commercial, but it really is like, a dollar a day, practically. My budget is EXTREMELY tight. But I can make this happen. I bet you probably can too. I encourage you to check out their website and see if God speaks to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!