Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's time to count my blessings! Here is what I'm thankful for today:


  1. Compassion stuff. This week I got new pictures of Joane in the mail, new pictures of Tasya were posted online, I got a letter from Said today, and we got a new correspondence kid, too! It has been a pretty great week, sponsorship-wise. : )
  2. My car/mobility. One of my patrons today spent about 20 minutes rambling about a bunch of random stuff, but one thing I did take away from the conversation is that I'm very blessed to be able to get around. This patron has mobility issues sometimes. Occasionally she has to wear a cast-type device on her leg, and when she does, she can't drive, because her car has a manual transmission. So she has to ride her little scooter everywhere. Today she was telling me about different places she can't get to because of a lack of ramps, and she also told me she is sometimes scared of getting hit by cars in areas where there are no sidewalks. I'm thankful that I can drive, that my car has automatic transmission, and that if I needed someone to drive me somewhere (which happens every few months), someone will help me out!
  3. New books. This week I visited my used book store, and managed to find a book that I have had on my wish list for a long time. It's called Beatrice's Goat, and it's a great picture book about a girl named Beatrice who receives a goat and is able to use that resource to help lift her family out of poverty and get an education! I love books like that, and I was so excited to finally add it to my collection- it is now sitting on the bookshelf in my spare room that will belong to my kids some day. : )
  4. Healthcare. I may have been sick lately, but I am thankful for the access I have to healthcare, whether it's over the counter or prescription, urgent care centers or an appointment I have to make months in advance. I have been thinking about that a lot today, particularly, because it is World Malaria Day. 
  5. Coworkers. Today was a pretty decent day at work, thanks mostly to the people I work with. I have to work all day tomorrow, but I'm thankful that I get to work with my best friend! It definitely helps the days more bearable, and working with her on weekends is fun because we usually get lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog!